Facebook Groups for Expats & Students in Germany
This is a platform for expats to help each other and provide information on the life in the coolest city in Europe: Berlin. Ask questions & share things!
– arrange meetings to meet new people
– renting and searching flats
– giving each other advice of good locations
– language tandem
– anything related to expat life
Basically, share everything you think is useful and ask questions to the community.
To enter the group simply click on the corresponding column.
Be Kind and Courteous
We’re all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let’s treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
No Hate Speech or Bullying
Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.
No Promotions or Spam
Give more than you take to this group. Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed.
Respect Everyone’s Privacy
Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What’s shared in the group should stay in the group.
Pinned posts are there to keep the wall tidy
Please use the pinned posts for all matters related to events, housing, jobs, services etc.
RULES FOR POSTS / ADVERTISEMENT
Any promotions should be directly linked to the purpose of this group, thus help expats in this city (in line with the group rules).
Advertisements for general products or services would be deleted, as they can be found elsewhere, unless they are answers to a question like “Does somebody know a good hairdresser who can speak English?”
– German language courses (local)
– Helpful information about sites, flat search, institutions etc. in this city
– Events for the purpose of meeting up there or that are beyond usual offerings in any city, thus a normal fitness class should not be advertised here, but a fitness class held outside company premises in one of the local parks is okay as it is linked to the community spirit
– Special events such as city festivals or group viewings of a sporting event (e.g. World Championships)
– Free/Community/Private offerings (Meetups, tours, which is a private event without any commercial interest / financial gain.
– Local groups (or “Vereine”)
In any case, a personal interest or involvement should be declared, not only to make it clear as advertising, but also to indicate to what extent the poster can answer questions or arrange for reservations and the like.