1. To register you need to fill in the registration form. The form only exists in German. All you need to do is fill out the form in English on this website. Our system will automatically transfer your data onto the original German registration form.
2. This process requires a one-off payment. After payment with Paypal or credit card, we will immediately send you the registration form (Anmeldeformular) and the landlord confirmation (Wohnungsgeberbestätigung).
3. Print both forms. Make sure that your landlord signs the landlord confirmation.
4. Make an appointment at the registration office, or drop in and draw a waiting number. Read the next point «Where to register» for more information.
5. Take both forms to the local registration office, together with your passport, your rental contract and your visa, if you have one. Bring your marriage certificate and children’s birth certificates, if you register together with them.
6. Download our FREE German language guide «At the Registration Office». It provides useful words and phrases.
7. At the registration office, a German official will check all your document and give you the registration confirmation (Meldebescheinigung). It is very important you check it for spelling mistakes. After that make sure to keep this document in a safe place. You need the confirmation to sign contracts in Germany.